9 days November 2021
Explore the origins of humanity on this unique and adventurous archaeology and wildlife tour in the heartland of Kenya. Travelling by private coach, plane and pedal power, and accompanied by expert archaeologist Louise Leakey and African cycling legend David Kinjah. The trip supports the charity Child.org
Full tour details will be available soon.
Register at [email protected] to ensure you get the early booking email [email protected]
– An exclusive day with eminent archaeologist Louise Leakey at the Turkana Basin Institute.. Her finds are rewriting our understanding of our species’ history. Louise rarely takes tour groups, so this really is a special day.
– Visit other significant archaeological sites close to Nairobi, including Olorgesailie and Kariandusi (unearthed by Louis Leakey in the 1920s).
– Cycle through the Rift Valley and Hell’s Gate National Park with full support team and at your own pace. Led by David Kinjah, who taught Chris Froome to ride. Cycling is optional and you can still experience the park in one of the support vehicles.
– Visit Nairobi National Museum, with an exclusive tour of the hominid exhibition.
– Nature hikes, game drives, a boat exploration of Lake Naivasha and active volcanoes in Lake Turkana.
– Get up close with zebras, giraffes, buffalo, antelope, baboons, hippos and crocodiles.
– Staying at a mix of 5-star hotels, eco‑lodges and traditional Kenyan banda huts, plus visit a natural geothermal spa and fly to Turkan.
– There are also options to tailor your stay by relaxing on Lamu Island and a safari in the Masai Mara.